Sunday, May 24, 2009

Why Blog

A friend just emailed me asking me why I blog. This is a very good question. Surely there are a multitude of ways to share my message with others.

There are several reasons. I am constantly learning new things about myself and life in general. Most of them I journal about because they are personal. However there are other things that I wish to share but some are not necessarily appropriate to share at meetings that I attend, because they don't deal with alcoholism, they deal with life. So what am I to do? Hold my experience inside or write it in my journal so only I can grow? Or share it with the world in the hopes of helping someone else?

I choose the later of the two. Furthermore each post gets posted to my facebook profile for more people to read. This begs the question why not just post this information on facebook itself? Well unfortunatly my posts are too long to put as status updates on facebook. So that leaves me no other choice but to post them here.

I hope this answers your question.

No comments:

Post a Comment