Saturday, December 22, 2007

The worst thing

I just realized the absolute worst thing about all of this! There is nothing else I could have done. Looking back I remembered the multitude of times I let her know how I felt about her drinking. How it took away from us. I clearly remember one night at a party one of her cohorts was throwing. It was time to go and she was very drunk. I was kind and went and got her towel and said not to worry I would get her things. As I went to do so she took the towel off and jumped back in the pool. Her knowing that I had to get up several hours later for work. Needless to say I packed her things went back outside and kissed her goodnight letting her know I would be able to pick her up after I got off work or she could get a ride home. By the time I got on the freeway Jenna was calling me with Her in tears. I went back and picked her up.

The next day I remember telling her that the next time that happens I might not be back to pick her up and she may be without a boyfriend. She took the news well and accepted it.

Then there was the various Rene fiasco's which I need not to mention. The key to all of this is that I let her know countless times how I felt about her getting drunk. Not her drinking. And countless times she betrayed me and my trust and got drunk anyway. I just wish there was something I could have done to make the relationship work. But it turns out there really was nothing. How hopeless that does feel!

No comments:

Post a Comment